Looking Glass Tour
Looking Glass Tour
On April 25th, 2020, we’re offering up the goods on some of Transylvania County’s finest roads in The Looking Glass Tour! This road ride is the ultimate cycling sampler showcasing the diversity in the terrain found in the Western North Carolina. We’ll have chip-timed results and plenty of rider support with awesome rest stops and SAG Wagons! This is going to be THE road ride of the spring and you won’t want to miss this 7th annual event. Sign up now to ensure your spot in the 50, 85 or 105 mile ride. This road bike ride is open to the public and a food truck will be on-site for riders & spectators.
THIS RIDE IS LIMITED TO 500 PARTICIPANTS
Date: Saturday, April 25, 2020 (Rain or Shine)
Time: Mandatory ride meeting at start line at 8:50 am. Ride starts at 9:00 am.
Packet Pickup: Registration packet pickup begins Friday from 5:30 to 7:00 pm at Oskar Blues Brewery. Day of event will be at 7:00 am; I.D. Required
Amenities: Time clock, awesome rest stops with medical assistance available (if needed), SAG wagon, police assistance at 70% of the intersections for your safety, a well marked route, restrooms and so much more.
Required Gear: All riders must wear a secure helmet at all times during the ride.
Rest Stops: There are 2 rest stops on the 50 mile course, 3 rest stops on the 85 mile course, and 4 rest stops on the 105 mile course.
Finish Party: A food truck will be on hand for riders and the general public. Each rider will receive a ticket for beverages. The Tasty Weasel (Oskar Blues Brewery) will be open to riders/spectators.
T Shirts: Tshirts are optional to all participants preregistered by midnight March 31st, 2020.
Directions: Ride start/finish is in front of the Tasty Weasel tasting room at Oskar Blues Brewery in Brevard, NC. It is located at 342 Mountain Industrial Drive, Brevard, NC 28712
For 2020, all of Blue Ridge Adventures’ events help support the Bread of Life.
- Sunset Motel: The Sunset Motel is a quaint retro 20-room accommodation .25m to Main Street. Each room has front door parking, wifi, HBO, microwave, fridge, coffee pot. Bike Wash and rags provided. Bikes allowed in rooms with tarp. 3 pet rooms available.
- Pilot Cove Cabins: FOREST LODGING
Our modern cabins offer luxuries to make your stay comfortable. Often referred to as ‘deckhouses,’ these cabins are designed to seamlessly interact with the outdoors. Fully appointed and finely finished with a kitchen, bathroom, living area, washer/dryer, mudroom, covered deck, secure bike storage, bike wash station, and private parking, these cabins are your perfect home away from home in the mountains.
- Davidson River Campground: Facilities provided include fire rings, picnic tables, lantern posts, gravel tent pads, hot showers, and flush toilets. Reservations required. Starting at $18 with $2 extra for river sites. RV and group sites available. Plan on arriving early enough to ensure yourself a camp spot.
- Holiday Inn Express: Heated outdoor pool, fitness center, free local phone calls, wireless internet access, and a complimentary breakfast. Pet friendly with a fee.
- Hampton Inn: Free breakfast, high speed internet access, cable TV, AAA hotel diamond rated, fitness room, pool. No pets.