Looking Glass Tour
On May 7th, 2022 we’re offering up the goods on some of Transylvania County’s finest roads in The Looking Glass Tour! This road ride is the ultimate cycling sampler showcasing the diversity in the terrain found in the Western North Carolina. We’ll have chip-timed results and plenty of rider support with awesome rest stops and SAG Wagons! This is going to be THE road ride of the spring and you won’t want to miss this 9th annual event. Sign up now to ensure your spot in the 55, 90 or 105 mile ride. This road bike ride is open to the public and a food truck will be on-site for riders & spectators.
THIS RIDE IS LIMITED TO 500 PARTICIPANTS
Date: Saturday, May 7th, 2022 (Rain or Shine)
Time: Mandatory ride meeting at start line at 7:50 am for 90 and 105 mile rides. Ride starts at 8:00 am.
Mandatory ride meeting at start line at 8:05 am for 55 mile ride. Ride Starts at 8:15 am.
Packet Pickup: Registration packet pickup begins Friday from 3:00 to 7:00 pm at Champion Park Pool. Day of event will be at 6:00 am; I.D. Required
Amenities: Time clock, awesome rest stops with medical assistance available (if needed), SAG wagon, police assistance at 70% of the intersections for your safety, a well marked route, restrooms and so much more. Rest stops are stocked with H₂O, Energy Drinks, fruit, PB&J sandwiches, and lots of encouragement from our rest stop personnel!
Required Gear: All riders must wear a secure helmet at all times during the ride.
Rest Stops: There are 2 rest stops on the 55 mile course, 3 rest stops on the 90 mile course, and 4 rest stops on the 105 mile course.
Finish Party: A food truck will be on hand for riders and the general public. Each rider will receive a ticket for beverages.
T-Shirts: T-shirts are optional to all participants preregistered by midnight April 10th, 2022.
Directions: Ride start/finish is at Champion Park Pool in Rosman, NC. It is located at 38 Main St, Rosman, NC 28772
Parking: Parking is at Rosman High School. It is located at 749 Pickens Hwy, Rosman, NC 28772
For 2022, all of Blue Ridge Adventures’ events help support the Bread of Life.
- Sunset Motel: The Sunset Motel is a quaint retro 20-room accommodation .25m to Main Street. Each room has front door parking, wifi, HBO, microwave, fridge, coffee pot. Bike Wash and rags provided. Bikes allowed in rooms with tarp. 3 pet rooms available.
- Davidson River Campground: Facilities provided include fire rings, picnic tables, lantern posts, gravel tent pads, hot showers, and flush toilets. Reservations required. Starting at $18 with $2 extra for river sites. RV and group sites available. Plan on reserving early enough to ensure yourself a camp spot.
- Holiday Inn Express: Heated outdoor pool, fitness center, free local phone calls, wireless internet access, and a complimentary breakfast. Pet friendly with a fee.
- Hampton Inn: Free breakfast, high speed internet access, cable TV, AAA hotel diamond rated, fitness room, pool. No pets.
- Comfort Inn: Free grab ‘n’ go breakfast, high speed internet access, cable TV, fitness room, pool, laundry. No pets.
- 3:00pm-7:00pm – Registration Packet Pickup at Champion Park Pool
- 6:00am-7:45am – Registration Packet Pickup at Champion Park Pool
- 7:50am – Rider Meeting at start line – All riders must attend
- 8:00am – Ride Start – 105 and 90 milers head out
- 8:15am – Ride Start – 55 milers head out
- 11:00am – Food for sale to public
- 4:00pm – Last rider expected back