Pisgah Stage Race
Pisgah Stage Race – 12th Annual
5 days, 140 miles, 20,000+ ft of elevation gain
The Pisgah Stage Race has earned a growing reputation for having some of the best mountain bike trails in the USA, and this five-day, fully supported endurance event delivers an unmatched sampler platter of some of the best singletrack in the country. The stage race course includes the Eastern United States’ most rugged trails. Come sample spring mountain bike riding in Pisgah National Forest with rhododendron tunnels, picturesque creek crossings, incredible leaf colors, and rooty, rocky singletrack. After spending a week in Brevard getting to know and appreciate the bounty of Pisgah National Forest, you won’t want to leave.
APRIL 13-18 2020 – BREVARD, NORTH CAROLINA
Pisgah National Forest is well known for its rooty, rocky, often slick terrain (due to the heavy rainfall in a temperate rainforest) and boasts over 400 miles of singletrack and ‘half’ track mountain bike trails. This backcountry stage race puts internationally ranked professional mountain bike racers alongside avid community riders at the start line and finds them swapping stories at the finish line.
What You Get with your stage race entry:
- Five well marked courses.
- Instant chip timed results.
- Enduro Segment each day.
- Daily Leader’s Jersey for ALL Categories
- Rest Stops along the course each day are fully stocked with plenty of cold water, CLIF energy drink, CLIF bars and shots, PB & J, chips, soda, fresh fruit and Advil. Medical and mechanical assistance will also be available.
- Drop System to shuttle anything you want to the rest stops.
- Recovery Zone with fresh fruit & snacks, a relaxing lounge area to chill after each stage.
- Bike Wash Available at Sycamore Cycles and the Sunset Motel.
- Mechanic Assistance provided by Sycamore Cycles each day at rest stops.
- Medical Assistance –There will be course marshals at almost every turn to assist you with medical issues. We have coordinated with local EMS on each day’s course and time frames we are on the trail segments in the event of an extreme emergency.
- Continental Breakfast – Scones and coffee provided by Crank Coffee each morning. We are also now partnering with CLIF to offer granola, yogert and fruit each morning as well.
- Finisher’s T-shirt – cool, unique t-shirt to all finishers.
- Custom Crafted Prizes – Awarded to top three in each category. $750, $500, $250 to top three overall men and women for the cross country. $150, $130, $120 to the top 3 overall men and women.
- Starlight Apparel Pisgah Stage Race Jersey is included for all participants preregistered by midnight March 15th, 2020 – Starlight Sizing Chart
The Official Mechanic of the Pisgah Stage Race
Not only is Sycamore Cycles the official mechanic and a premier sponsor of the Pisgah Stage Race, they’re also past competitors and category winners. These guys are serious racers who train on Pisgah’s trails at least 5 days a week, so they know what it takes to make your bike ready day after day.
How it works:
Drop off your clean bike at the Sycamore Cycles tent. Our mechanic will go over any problems you have and give an estimate for the repair. They will then transport your bike to their shop to perform the specified repairs. The following morning, your bike will be waiting for you at the start no later than 8am.
This service is limited to 35 riders per stage. By signing up early Sycamore Cycles will commit to having parts in stock to fix your bike. Of course they can’t have every part for every bike but they will have parts to fix common issues on your bike. Early sign up is highly recommended. To pre-register for mechanic service, please fill out the Bike Information Form and return it to Sycamore Cycles at [email protected]
Shipping Your Bike?
If you are interested in shipping your bike to NC, please contact Sycamore Cycles at [email protected] to discuss shipping options and fees.
Our highly trained therapists are available after the race to help you unwind and relax as well as get you back to peak performance.
With many years of accumulated experience we are able to offer numerous styles of therapy to help suit your specific needs.
Post race massage plays an important role in supporting a rider to perform at their best:
- Speeds the recovery process
- Relaxes muscle tissue
- Improves circulation
- Calms the nervous system
- Eases cramping
- Reduces and helps prevent pain and injury
We offer daily post race massage:
- 15 minute massages for $30
- 30 minute massages for $60
Please contact Randi Nelle at [email protected] with any questions regarding massages.
- 2019 Pisgah Stage Race – Overall Results
- 2018 Pisgah Stage Race Overall Results
- 2017 Pisgah Stage Race Overall Results
- 2016 Pisgah Stage Race: Overall Results
- 2015 Pisgah Stage Race Overall Results
- 2014 Pisgah Stage Race Overall Results
- 2013 Pisgah Stage Race Overall Results
- 2012 Pisgah Stage Race Overall Results
- 2011 Pisgah Stage Race Overall Results
- 2010 Pisgah Stage Race Overall Results
- 2009 Pisgah Stage Race Overall Results