The Sasquatch Scrambler is a MTB race with a short enough course to make it a great first race in Pisgah. Rolling over rugged mining roads, classic Pisgah singletrack, cursing climbs and giggling descents, this course will test your skills and desire as you explore the intoxicating terrain of the Pisgah National Forest. Good food and brew will be at the finish to comfort you after a great ride!
THIS RACE IS LIMITED BY THE US FOREST SERVICE TO 200 PARTICIPANTS
*Since we are currently dealing with the Corona Virus and this is part of the Triple Crown MTB Series, we will use the 27 mile version of Dirt Diggler on September 19th, 2020 in the case we have to cancel the event. We have also extended a 75% refund up to 30 days before the event also.
Start Time: Packet pickup starts at 7:00 am. There will be a Race Meeting at the Start line at 8:50 am. Every racer must attend meeting. You must have your shuttled items ready by 8:45 am. Race start will begin promptly at 9:00 am.
Rest Stops/First Aid: There will be one fully-stocked rest stop on the course. The rest stop has food, CLIF products, Energy Drinks, and H₂O. We have a drop system organized so you can arrange to have your personal supplies at the rest stop. First Aid will be at the rest area and the Start/Finish area. Restroom facilities are also at the Start/Finish.
When will Rest Stop Items Return?
- Rest Stop 1’s items will be back around 11:30am
630 American Thread Rd
Marion, NC 28752
Parking: Parking will be at North Cove Elementary School. Please carpool.
Camping: Camping is available at Tom Johnson campground for a fee.
Weather: Weather mid June can be hot or humid. Check the weather before you leave and be prepared for all conditions!
T Shirts: T-shirts are optional to all preregistered participants (register on or before May 17th at midnight for a t-shirt). Sure to be the envy of all your friends.
For 2020, all of Blue Ridge Adventures’ races help support the Bread of Life.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Marion, NC
- Comfort Inn, Marion, NC
- Hampton Inn, Marion, NC
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Marion, NC
- Super 8 by Wyndham, Marion, NC
- The Inn at Linville Falls, Marion, NC
- Alpine Inn, Little Switzerland, NC
- Switzerland Inn, Little Switzerland, NC
- Skyline Village Inn, Spruce Pine, NC
- 5:00pm-7:00pm – Packet pickup at: Marion Tailgate Market (67 W Henderson St, Marion, NC 28752)
- 7:00-8:45am – Packet pickup at: Coats American (630 American Thread Rd, Marion, NC 28752)
- 8:50am – Racers meeting at start line
- 9:00am – Race starts
- 10:45am – Expected first finisher
- 11:00am – Food served
- 12:00pm – Rest stop shuttle items expected back
- 12:30pm – Awards ceremony