White Squirrel Classic
White Squirrel Cycling Classic
The White Squirrel Cycling Classic is a classic fall spinner during fabulous fall leaf season. Starting and ending at the Tasty Weasel tasting room at Oskar Blues Brewery in Brevard NC! Riders bike on flat valley roads near the base of Pisgah National Forest. They’ll meander along the French Broad River before riding into Henderson County and then back to Oskar Blues. These routes will lead riders on a fully guided and supported bicycle tour of some Western North Carolina’s finest roads! Fully supported rest stops with medical assistance available and SAG wagons.
Date: Saturday, October 10th, 2020 (Rain or Shine)
Time: Mandatory ride meeting at start line at 8:50am. Ride starts at 9:00am.
Packet Pickup: Registration & packet pickup is Friday from 5:30- 7 pm. &. Sat. from 7-8:45 am at Oskar Blues Brewery. I.D. Required
Amenities: Time clock, awesome rest stops with medical assistance available (if needed), SAG wagon, police assistance at 70% of the intersections for your safety, a well marked route, restrooms and so much more.
Required Gear: All riders must wear a secure helmet at all times during the ride.
Rest Stops: There are 3 rest stops on the 65 mile course, 2 rest stops on the 42 mile course, and 1 rest stop on the 27 mile course. Rest stops are stocked with H20, CLIF products and Energy Drink, bars and assorted snacks, fruits, PB&J sandwiches, and lots of encouragement from our rest stop personnel!
Finish Party: A food truck will be on hand for riders and the general public. Each rider will receive a ticket for beverages. The Tasty Weasel (Oskar Blues Brewery) will be open to riders/spectators.
T Shirts: T-shirts are an option to all participants pre-registered by September 13th,, 2020.
Directions: Ride start/finish is in front of the Tasty Weasel tasting room at Oskar Blues Brewery in Brevard, NC.. It’s located at 342 Mountain Industrial Drive, Brevard, NC 28712
For 2020, all of Blue Ridge Adventures’ events help support the Bread of Life.
- Sunset Motel: The Sunset Motel is a quaint retro 20-room accommodation .25m to Main Street. Each room has front door parking, wifi, HBO, microwave, fridge, coffee pot. Bike Wash and rags provided. Bikes allowed in rooms with tarp. 3 pet rooms available.
- Pilot Cove Cabins: FOREST LODGING
Our modern cabins offer luxuries to make your stay comfortable. Often referred to as ‘deckhouses,’ these cabins are designed to seamlessly interact with the outdoors. Fully appointed and finely finished with a kitchen, bathroom, living area, washer/dryer, mudroom, covered deck, secure bike storage, bike wash station, and private parking, these cabins are your perfect home away from home in the mountains.
- Davidson River Campground: Facilities provided include fire rings, picnic tables, lantern posts, gravel tent pads, hot showers, and flush toilets. Reservations required. Starting at $18 with $2 extra for river sites. RV and group sites available. Plan on arriving early enough to ensure yourself a camp spot.
- Holiday Inn Express: Heated outdoor pool, fitness center, free local phone calls, wireless internet access, and a complimentary breakfast. Pet friendly with a fee.
- Hampton Inn: Free breakfast, high speed internet access, cable TV, AAA hotel diamond rated, fitness room, pool. No pets.