White Squirrel Classic
White Squirrel Cycling Classic
The White Squirrel Cycling Classic is a classic fall spinner during fabulous fall leaf season. Riders bike on flat valley roads near the base of Pisgah National Forest. They’ll meander along the French Broad River before riding into Henderson County and then back to Rosman. These routes will lead riders on a fully guided and supported bike tour of some of Western North Carolina’s finest roads! Fully supported rest stops with medical assistance available and SAG wagons.
Date: Saturday, October 15th, 2022 (Rain or Shine)
Time: Mandatory ride meeting at start line at 8:55am for 63 and 46 mile rides. Ride starts at 9:00am.
Mandatory ride meeting at start line at 9:10am for 24 mile ride. Ride starts at 9:15 am
Packet Pickup: Registration & packet pickup is Friday from 5:00-7:00 pm & Sat from 7:00-8:45 am at Champion Park Pool 38 Main St, Rosman, NC 28772; I.D. Required
Amenities: Time clock, awesome rest stops with medical assistance available (if needed), SAG wagon, police assistance at 70% of the intersections for your safety, a well marked route, restrooms and so much more.
Required Gear: All riders must wear a secure helmet at all times during the ride.
Rest Stops: There are 3 rest stops on the 63 mile course, 2 rest stops on the 46 mile course, and 1 rest stop on the 24 mile course. Rest stops are stocked with H₂O, Energy Drinks, fruit, PB&J sandwiches, and lots of encouragement from our rest stop personnel!
Finish Party: A food truck will be on hand for riders and the general public. Each rider will receive a ticket for beverages.
T Shirts: T-shirts are an option to all participants pre-registered by midnight September 18th, 2022.
Directions: Ride start/finish is at Champion Park Pool in Rosman, NC. It is located at 38 Main St, Rosman, NC 28772
Parking: Directions to parking- Follow HWY 178 to Rosman School rd. You will park at the school (167 Rosman School Rd, Rosman, NC 28772) and church (Ed Owens Rd, Rosman, NC 28772). We will have signage and parking attendants to assist you. For packet pickup Friday evening you can park at the start/finish area where you will pick up your packet 38 Main St, Rosman, NC 28772.
For 2022, all of Blue Ridge Adventures’ events help support the Bread of Life.
- Sunset Motel: The Sunset Motel is a quaint retro 20-room accommodation .25m to Main Street. Each room has front door parking, wifi, HBO, microwave, fridge, coffee pot. Bike Wash and rags provided. Bikes allowed in rooms with tarp. 3 pet rooms available.
- Pilot Cove Cabins: FOREST LODGING – Our modern cabins offer luxuries to make your stay comfortable. Often referred to as ‘deckhouses,’ these cabins are designed to seamlessly interact with the outdoors. Fully appointed and finely finished with a kitchen, bathroom, living area, washer/dryer, mudroom, covered deck, secure bike storage, bike wash station, and private parking, these cabins are your perfect home away from home in the mountains.
- Davidson River Campground: Facilities provided include fire rings, picnic tables, lantern posts, gravel tent pads, hot showers, and flush toilets. Reservations required. Starting at $18 with $2 extra for river sites. RV and group sites available. Plan on arriving early enough to ensure yourself a camp spot.
- Holiday Inn Express: Heated outdoor pool, fitness center, free local phone calls, wireless internet access, and a complimentary breakfast. Pet friendly with a fee.
- Hampton Inn: Free breakfast, high speed internet access, cable TV, AAA hotel diamond rated, fitness room, pool. No pets.
- Comfort Inn: Free grab ‘n’ go breakfast, high speed internet access, cable TV, fitness room, pool, laundry. No pets.
- 5:00-7:00pm – Registration/Packet pickup at Champion Park Pool in Rosman, NC. It is located at 38 Main St, Rosman, NC 28772
- 7:00-8:45am – Registration/Packet pickup
- 8:50am – Rider meeting at start line – All riders must attend
- 9:00am – Ride Start – 63 and 46 mile rides. Led out by Transylvania County Police Department
- 9:15 am – Ride Start – 24 mile ride. Led out by Transylvania County Police Department
- 11:00am – Food Truck starts serving food