Woods Mountain is an annual MTB race that puts you in the backcountry of the Pisgah National Forest. Rolling over rugged mining roads, classic Pisgah singletrack, cursing climbs and giggling descents, this course will test your skills and desire as you explore the intoxicating terrain of the Pisgah National Forest.
THIS RACE IS LIMITED BY THE US FOREST SERVICE TO 300 PARTICIPANTS
Date: Sunday, June 11, 2023 (Rain or Shine)
Start Time: Packet pickup starts at 6:00 am. I.D. Required. There will be a Race Meeting at the Start line at 7:50 am. Every racer must attend meeting. You must have your shuttled items ready by 7:45 am. Race start will begin promptly at 8:00 am.
Fees: $100 until 5/8/23. $110 until 6/4/23. $120 on race day.
Rest Stops/First Aid: There will be two fully-stocked rest stops on the course (Rest Stop #1 – Mile 14, Rest Stop #2 – Mile 29). The rest stops have food, fruits, Energy Drinks, and H₂O. We have a drop system organized so you can arrange to have your personal supplies at the rest stops. We do not ship items left from rest stop shuttle. First Aid will be at the rest area and the Start/Finish area. Restroom facilities are also at the Start/Finish.
When will Rest Stop Items Return?
- Rest Stop 1’s items will be back around 11:00 am
- Rest Stop 2’s items will be back around 2:00 pm
42 Green Mountain Rd
Marion, NC 28752
After riding up the road from the parking area, follow the signs around to the blue area. This is where packet pickup as well as the race start/finish line is located. Please do not park in the red highlighted areas. These areas need to remain open for other users of the Forest and emergency vehicles.
Park in the designated parking area .7/10 mile down the road from the start/finish line. Signs and personnel will be there to assist.
Address is 6001 Hwy 221 in Marion NC.
Camping: Camping is available at Tom Johnson campground for a fee.
RV Camping is available at Buck Creek RV Park.
Weather: Weather mid June can be hot or humid. Check the weather before you leave and be prepared for all conditions!
T Shirts: T-shirts are optional to all preregistered participants (register on or before May 14th at midnight for a t-shirt). Sure to be the envy of all your friends.
For 2023, all of Blue Ridge Adventures’ races help support the Bread of Life.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Marion, NC
- Buck Creek RV Park
- Comfort Inn, Marion, NC
- Hampton Inn, Marion, NC
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Marion, NC
- Super 8 by Wyndham, Marion, NC
- The Inn at Linville Falls, Marion, NC
- Alpine Inn, Little Switzerland, NC
- Switzerland Inn, Little Switzerland, NC
- Skyline Village Inn, Spruce Pine, NC
- 4:00 pm-7:00pm – Registration and Packet pickup at: Woodlawn Work Center (42 Green Mountain Rd, Marion, NC 28752) I.D. Required.
- 4:00 pm-7:00pm -Registration and Packet pickup at: Woodlawn Work Center (42 Green Mountain Rd, Marion, NC 28752). I.D. Required
- 6:00-7:45am – Registration and Packet pickup at:Woodlawn Work Center (42 Green Mountain Rd, Marion, NC 28752) I.D. Required.
- 7:50am – Racers meeting at start line
- 8:00am – Race starts
- 11:00am – Rest stop shuttle items for Rest Stop 1 expected back
- 11:00am – Expected first finisher
- 12:00pm – Food served
- 12:30pm – Awards ceremony
- 2:00pm – Rest stop shuttle items for Rest Stop 2 expected back