ORAMM - The Course
Download/View GPX file on plotaroute.com We use plot your route as a means of delivering the GPX file. Elevations are off. Please refer to maps on site for real elevation gains.
The Course will be marked with:
- police officers at important intersections
- yellow signage on stakes alerting of turns
- sandwich boards with directional signage
- white flagging with Blue Ridge Adventures markings on dirt roads and single track
What is provided at the Rest Stops and how do I shuttle items? Rest Stops will be fully stocked with energy drinks, plenty of cold Water, PB & J, Soda, Bananas, Oranges and Advil. You can also shuttle any items you like to the rest stop. Your race packet bag can serve as a drop bag since it is numbered. There will be a place at the Start to drop your bags in the morning and they will return there after the Rest Stop has closed. Check the schedule for exact times of return. We do not ship items left from rest stop shuttle.
Rest Stop info:
- Rest Stop 1 – Mile 15 – Bottom of Mill Creek Road/Star Gap Cut off time is noon, mechanic provided by Sycamore Cycles
- Rest Stop 2 – Mile 25 – bottom of Jarrett Creek Road at field across from Recreation Area. Cut off time is 2:00 pm
Water Stop – Mile 31 – Midway up Curtis Creek Road. Cut off time is 3:00 pm, mechanic provided by Trek Bikes Asheville
- Rest Stop 3 – Mile 36 – Top of Curtis Creek Road on other side of Blue Ridge Parkway. Cut off time is 4:00 pm
- Rest Stop 4 – Mile 48 – Bottom of Mill Creek Road/Star Gap Cut off time is 7:00 pm, mechanic provided by Sycamore Cycles